August 17, 2022
VoIP phone systems are quickly overtaking traditional phone systems. If your business is still using traditional phone systems, you might be wondering what the hype is all about and whether you should switch to VoIP.
The ISDN switch off is one of the main reasons businesses are switching, so they can make sure they are prepared for the forced migration from PSTN and ISDN to digital. It also enhances the entire phone system experience with additional features, reliable connection and cheaper overall costs.
The truth is, VoIP is extremely important for businesses nowadays, and should definitely be adopted if you haven’t done so already. Here’s why:
What is a VoIP Business Phone System?
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) refers to the ability to make and receive phone calls using the internet rather than traditional phone networks. This means that you do not have to rely on hardware installed on your premises, just a digital phone system that is accessible to every employee when they are connected to the internet.
What Type of Businesses Need VoIP?
There aren’t specific businesses that do and don’t need VoIP phone systems; universally, if you make and receive regular business calls during your workday, you will benefit from VoIP. However, there are some types of businesses that may benefit from this more, such as:
- Customer Service – Commonly dealing with customer requests, complaints and questions over the phone, customer service centres would benefit from VoIP phone systems. Not only would it reduce costs, but there are other features that customer service agents could use such as collecting call data to refine their process and the ability to seamlessly transfer calls to the right department.
- Estate Agents – Due to being on the move and out of the office on a regular basis, VoIP phone systems would enhance their accessibility for both clients and colleagues. This enhances the customer experience by making sure they are always connected every step of the property process.
- Hospitality – In both the hotel and restaurant industries, a VoIP system could change the way in which a franchise communicates. Extension dialling to reach the right department can make sure users find what they’re looking for. Hold music can also be used for marketing as well as keeping guests calm and connected.
How to Set Up a Small Business VoIP Phone System
So, now you can see how important it is for any kind of business nowadays, here’s how you can set it up for your business.
- Recognise your workplace’s needs – How many users, what features would be beneficial, do you require the ability to scale up or down? Think about all your requirements before you start looking.
- Ensure your workplace’s network is reliable – If your internet connection isn’t stable, it is important to resolve this before your VoIP system is implemented.
- Cloud PBX or On-premise PBX? – You need to decide whether you’d prefer to use business mobiles or on-premise devices with your VoIP phone system. This could be dependent on your flexible working approach and what works best for your employees.
- Determine Budget & Features – Have a figure in mind that works for your business’ finances and choose your features according to this and your phone system needs.
- Find Your VoIP Provider – Once you have finalised these details, you can begin your search for the VoIP provider that is right for you.
What is the Best Business VoIP Phone System?
There is no one answer to this question, there is only the best business VoIP phone system for your business – and Ocean Telecom can help you find it! We’ve got the solution for you, no matter what kind of business you are in and regardless of your requirements.
Get in touch with us today, so we can find the system for you.